Write it down; great teaching to share
And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
1. Every institution needs a Vision;
2. Every institution needs a Clearly stated Vision
A vision gives direction to all the activities that go on within the institution
The vision is the most important of all. Without it any location can seems as if it is the destination.
17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Why must you correct a son or daughter? Otherwise the vision of the home or family or ministry will never be achieved.
Where there is no vision it is difficult obeying laws. Why should I keep to the law? The vision determines the laws to keep.
Any financial institution which wants to last for more than 50 years, 100 years and more must be determined to stick to laws which preserve it’s integrity not to allow people to loot for themselves and their families and run the system down
- As africans do we have a vision?
- A home needs a vision
- A marriage needs a vision
- A church needs a vision
- A family needs a vision
- An association needs a vision
- A football club needs a vision
- An individual must have a vision
- A music ministry must have a vision
- A nation needs a national vision
The vision comes through one but it is for the benefit of many
- In Noah 6:13-21 God gives Noah a vision of an ark that would save him and his family and the rest of mankind
- In Gen 12:1-3 God gave Abraham a vision of which today we are all a part
- God gave Moses a vision, gave Daniel a vision; through one person, many people will benefit
- God gave Paul a vision which enabled the gospel spread beyond the jews to the gentiles.
The vision is a one to many mapping.
Because of socio-economic pressures in the end-time, many people have abandoned selfless visions and embraced selfish visions.
Anyone who goes selfless is categorised as
- – unserious,
- – not moving with the times
- – foolish and idiotic
2 Timothy 3:1-5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
In Noah’s day, they ridiculed his God-given vision
Abort every selfish vision in Jesus name
The vision must be in line with God’s will
A visionary person is one that can look beyond his or her current state into the future and take prudent actions in the now
- The head has the eyes to see the future
- The brain to process thoughts and calculations
- The Ears to hear what God is saying
- And the mouth to instruct, intercede and declare
- But there comes the hand which is a member of the body but is not the head
- The hand writes the vision down.Until the hand writes down the vision the feet cannot run
Why is Writing so Important?
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
14 When thou art come unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me;
15 Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.
16 But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the Lord hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.
17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:
20 That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.